About the Company
This Vision Care Health Insurance Company is comprised of five complementary businesses that combine high-quality eye care insurance, high fashion eyewear, customized lenses, ophthalmic technology, and retail solutions, with employees in over 23 countries. No matter the role, we’re all focused on a singular mission: to help people see.
With general direction, sell and service the Vision Care Health Insurance Company’s products by managing existing accounts and developing new prospects consisting of a large variance of industries. Exercise a broad knowledge of the organization’s services, products, and marketing techniques to achieve market share growth objectives and operational goals.
- Formulate and implement strategic business plans specific to the needs of individual large accounts to retain and increase membership and identify new and ancillary product sales opportunities.
- Cultivate and develop strong business relationships with clients and prospective clients’ key stakeholders. Manage business relationships with brokers, consultants, and other industry partners.
- Educate key stakeholders on industry, pricing, and benefit design trends in order to inform and assist with business decisions.
- Maintain current working knowledge on existing and new products/services and other general information to ensure accurate information is provided.
- Act as liaison between various Vision Care Health Insurance Company departments and customers to ensure service levels and expectations are met. Collaborate with marketing and product development to address customers’ needs and analyze market data.
- Utilize a sales automation system to make inquiries, maintain records, and prepare reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- Four plus years of business to business sales and/or account management experience, in the employee benefits or Healthcare/Insurance industry is preferred
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Highly adaptable, positive, resilient, patient risk-taker who is open to new ideas
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve problems
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of underwriting, products, services, and the healthcare industry
- Must travel more than 50% of the time
- Clean DMV record
- Ability to obtain an appropriate state insurance license within six months of employment and meet all continuing education requirements
- This position will service existing clients (90%) and sell new business (10%) within the specified territory and the major metropolitan areas and will move towards a hybrid environment of interfacing with customers (mix of in-person plus virtual).
- A foundational understanding of underwriting
- Ability to articulate Vision Care Health Insurance Company’s key messages, products, and services
- Learning agile and open to accepting challenges
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
The working environment is generally favorable, lighting and temperature is adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust etc.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Yardstick Management is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.