Founded in 2011, we are a design brand with an unwavering commitment to crafting lasting products, from watches to leather goods and beyond. We celebrate timeless design and thoughtful craftsmanship with products and stories that inspire people to live well and be confident in a style that is uniquely their own.
Our mission is to build beautiful, enduring handcrafted goods to be lived in, worn out, and well-loved.
Because we’re a growing and evolving company, each employee is a key stakeholder, making decisions every day that directly impact our overall vision and direction. At Shinola, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution at the start of what we believe will become an iconic American brand.
Reporting to the CEO of parent company, Bedrock Manufacturing Company, the Shinola Brand President will develop and execute short and long-term business strategies while providing functional leadership across Operations, Sales, Marketing, Channels, Merchandising, Communications, and Customer Experience. The position will be expected to sustainably deliver on revenue and EBITDA goals, while working collaboratively with the Bedrock Manufacturing founder, executive team, and Shinola’s Creative leadership to drive the next phase of company growth to actualize the full brand and business potential. The Brand President will foster a positive, healthy, team-oriented company culture built around the core brand values of joy, determination, hospitality, humility, and quality.
- Full P&L accountability demonstrating exceptional financial acumen in decisions
- Achieve revenue and EBITDA goals while maintaining long term growth mindset
- In partnership with the Shinola Creative and Bedrock Manufacturing leadership, develop a cohesive growth and innovation strategy (brand, product, category, channel) and financial objectives, ensuring health and financial stability of brand
- Monitor operating metrics and financial performance; track and report performance to the Bedrock Manufacturing executive team and Board of Directors
- In collaboration with the Bedrock Manufacturing CFO, lead annual budgeting process to ensure fiscal accountability and necessary capital investment for growth objectives
- Clearly articulate expectations, decision making accountabilities, and short and long-term business objectives
- Lead with a high-performance mindset, developing individuals to challenge themselves and their teams to outperform goals while never sacrificing brand integrity
- Build on functional capabilities to drive consumer engagement
- ·Explore, recommend, and capitalize on new business opportunities
- Encourage a culture of customer focus, analytical rigor, transparency, accountability, collaboration, and continuous improvement across all functions
- Operate with managerial courage and conviction, staying mindful of brand integrity and values
- Provide leadership, prioritization, and direction to Operations, Sales, Marketing, E-Commerce, Retail, Wholesale, Merchandising, Communications, and Customer Experience direct reports
- Work collaboratively with Bedrock Manufacturing executives and brand-supporting Finance, HR, and IT roles
- Attract, develop, and retain talent that will deliver results
- Provide consistent and timely coaching of leaders while developing appropriate successors
- Operate with strong cross functional partnerships, driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability
- Operate with integrity, create trusting relationships, communicate directly, be composed, and demonstrate acute self-awareness
- Serve as a leader and evangelist of brand ethos, culture, and inspiration
Education & Experience Expectations:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field, or similar experience; MBA, other related post-graduate education, or similar experience preferred
- Experience in the fashion & lifestyle markets and consumer centric marketing
- 5+ years in cross-functional senior leadership roles (VP or above)
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen including P&L ownership experience ($50M+ preferred)
- Understanding of Detroit’s history and culture; individuals with Detroit roots or connections preferredTrack record of scaling brands, driving profitable brand expansion across regions
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with Creative Directors and Creative teams
- Proven ability to provide coaching, discipline, and structure work for direct reports