This role will be the Finance Business Partner to the SVP of the Convenience Beverages Team and the newly formed Ready-to-drink Beverages Category team. This cross-functional team has been created to drive the Multinational Beverage Company’s growth in the fast-growing ready-to-drink space. The team’s role includes portfolio development, brand management and end-to-end oversight of the convenience-related value chain from sourcing to sales.
This role includes elements of commercial finance, financial planning and analysis and controls, compliance and risk management. The Commercial Finance Director is expected to provide financial leadership to challenge and influence the team to drive value, from strategic to operational decision-making and execution.
Purpose of the Role
- Own and manage all elements of the convenience P&L to deliver profitable growth and identify opportunities to over-deliver plans; Set up financial reporting, S&OP and budgeting processes.
- Develop financial scenarios and recommendations to inform new concept development and portfolio prioritization decisions.
- Work with Supply, including through the S&OP process, to identify risks, balance Supply and Demand and optimize cost.
- In conjunction with Beer and Spirits business unit teams, support smooth development and introduction of new launches, integration of acquired brands and development of partnerships.
- Support the formulation of business strategy and convert strategies into sound financial operating plans.
- Deliver all metrics of the financial plan including, P&L, cash delivery and balance sheet.
- Support the performance management process to ensure delivery of all metrics, including gap identification, analysis and recommendation and execution of measures to improve performance.
- Deliver a robust governance and control environment and an effective risk management agenda.
- Deliver commercial finance integration activities for newly acquired businesses and brands.
- Strong working relationship required with all key business leaders including Marketing, Commercial, Supply, Innovation and other parts of Finance.
- Trusted business advisor to all members of the Convenience team to challenge and support the business to improve overall performance; frequent interaction with Shared Services teams.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Economics or Business.
- 10+ years of experience in a global FMCG or similar disciplined and dynamic operating environment.
- Commercial acumen, preferably gained in the context of a high growth, high volatility business unit.
Critical Finance Capabilities
- Structured financial analysis to support decision-making.
- S&OP and business performance management.
- Understanding of internal controls & accounting principles.
Yardstick Management is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.