This organization is comprised of five complementary businesses that combine high-quality eye care insurance, high fashion eyewear, customized lenses, ophthalmic technology and retail solutions, with employees in over 23 countries. No matter the role, we’re all focused on a singular mission: to help people see.
Under minimal direction, coordinates the management of multiple related projects directed toward a common business objective. Partners with business leaders to envision, define, and initiate programs. Provides direction and guidance to project managers to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program.
- Partners with business leaders in envisioning and strategic planning efforts for company programs
- Develops program road map/implementation plan
- Establishes and manages the governance structure for the program
- Manages program communications with key stakeholders, project sponsors, project managers, and the program team
- Performs program risk management and manages escalation of program issues
- Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, financial and technical performance of company programs
- Performs master resource planning for the program roadmap, ensuring maximum efficiency in resource allocation across projects
- Facilitates the development of a cost-benefit analysis and return on investment for each project
- Develops budget, financial projections and forecasted ROI for the program
- Aids in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications and financial conditions of contracts
- Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, facilitates solutions to program problems, and directs work of project team members assigned to program from various departments
- Works with project managers to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, and that the projects deliver the intended business results and value
- Acts as an advisor to the program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations
- Builds an effective matrixed team and inspires a shared vision for the program
- Clearly communicates roles and expectations to project managers
- Provides coaching to matrixed project managers; gives input to the manager on project managers’ performance
- Creates and delivers information at an appropriate level for the audience, including presentations and status updates
- Gains needed support from key stakeholders to lead and manage changes to successfully execute the program
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment the in performance of his/her job duties
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years of experience in project management/program management, leading large and complex projects
- Minimum eight years of experience with various project management methodologies, standard concepts, practices, procedures, tools, and/or software packages
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proven ability to navigate complex situations through the organizational landscape and with multiple stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills to coordinate and motivate project teams
- Adept at financial management to administer budgets across multiple projects and ensure the program meets its requirements for return on investment, timing, and budget
- Ability to drive results through informal authority, serve as a consultant to key business partners, and represent users and customers in every thought and interaction
- Proven ability to successfully manage risks/issues at a program level
- Ability to elicit cooperation from Senior Management and other departments
- Demonstrates ability to be a decision-maker showing balanced consideration of business issues Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- Strong business aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Strategic skills to support envisioning work, program planning, and forecasting
- Willing to travel as required (estimate 10%)
- Interpersonal savvy with a proven ability to build and nurture strong internal and external relationships
- Experience in Strategic Account Management or like roles, with accountability for customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to manage through change and ambiguity, while championing and supporting peers to adopt and scale process improvements
- Strong customer orientation and expertise in balancing the customer needs with the business’s capabilities
- Ability to influence and negotiate change through co-creation and joint solution development
- “Big-picture” mindset with experience leading cross-line of business initiatives and adapting practices to achieve revenue and growth goals
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Yardstick Management is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.