The Vice President of Clinical Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee day-to-day clinical operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of effective treatment delivery, efficient operations, and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization. Will report to the COO.
- Supports, communicates, and implements, the strategic vision and direction of the operating division and supports the delivery of the highest quality effective treatment to ensure best outcomes.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop KPIs and key metrics and partners with other functions to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Provides expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems, leads and directs regions team and participates in key operations activities.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, practices, standards, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and directs resources and budget within the clinical operations region.
- Markets and builds relationships with direct outreach to providers and referral sources.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief operating officer and other leadership.
- Champions training and development and ongoing career advancement for all region teammates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis, or other industry-related field required; Masters level degree in related area preferred.
- BCBA strongly preferred.
- 10 years of ABA related experience
- 3-5 years of management experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Yardstick Management is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.