Are you ready to lead one of the most strategic parts of an emerging SaaS business?
Yardstick Management is representing a California-based tech firm who’s the industry leader in the continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform. With one of the most-used DevOps tools – processing more than 1 million builds a day – the organization is looking for a highly experienced senior Customer Success to lead, drive and grow the customer success function (reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer).
Customer Success is the strategic core business team leading the company’s post-sales engagement with customers to increase product usage and revenue while reducing churn. We’re looking for the right leader with executive presence, cross-company leadership, strategy development, tactical execution skills, and great people leadership skills who can inspire customers, partners, and company employees. This could be you!
You have worked as a software engineer and in engineering management and take pride in making it easier for everyone else to do those things well. You thrive in an environment of rapid growth with high levels of ambiguity by taking initiative, sharing context, and driving for accountability. You know that achieving the greatest results ultimately depends on creating the space for others to thrive.
What You’ll Do:
You are a proven customer success advocate and leader. You understand the voice of the customer, how to work across company departments in product management, engineering, and sales to deliver improved customer experiences. We need a customer champion to lead others in developing an overall engagement strategy that takes “land and expand” generalities into specific initiatives that increase product and service use. To that end, you have industry connections and are known as a customer engagement champion. Your analytical approach to developing strategy and guiding tactical execution allows you to lead other executives in making strategic trade offs that result in higher customer engagement, satisfaction, and revenue.
What We’re Looking For:
To lead and succeed in this role, you’ll be someone who is highly driven balanced with a high degree of emotional intelligence with demonstrated expertise as follows:
- 15+ years of leadership experience in software engineering, engineering management, including VP-level roles within customer success, account management, consultative sales, (preferably within a SaaS model and at large scale, a plus)
- 10+ years leading leaders and managing customer facing teams with equal experience in go-to-market strategy development tied to annual planning and in-quarter execution
- Experience scaling in a late-stage VC-funded startup with an engineering team in the 100s or large CSM functions of greater than 100 with a proven track record of leading and enabling highly distributed teams across functions and verticals
- Deep understanding of the software delivery lifecycle and inventive developer of business plans, strategies and execution based on data insights is a particular skill you’ve mastered
- Successful in developing collaborative, cross-functional teams and in a matrix environment to achieve company objectives.
- Consistent record to successfully resolve broadly defined, complex, diverse, & occasionally, unprecedented situations.
- Strong financial perspective with a focus on return on investment for engineering effort
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong negotiation, influence, and persuasion skills to help guide difficult conversations with internal teams and with customers.
- Expertise in guiding staffs’ use of Salesforce and other tools for reporting, planning and supporting a predictable rhythm of the business
- Strong opinions developed through experience and the ability to adapt those experiences to new environments
- History of coaching senior team members to do their best work
Yardstick Management is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.