A leading global financial institution and services company, providing a broad range of innovation and collaborative solutions for cultivating environments and driving technology focused applications, resources and products in digitizing workflows and new strategies for their markets and clients.
Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures our clients against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has a global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA.
Within Technology Risk, Advisory is the consultative and technology subject matter expertise arm, responsible for assessing new technology initiatives for risk, partnering with engineers to architect and design secure products and services, embedding implementation reviews as part of the SDLC and CI/CD pipeline via code analysis and penetration testing, and guiding technology innovation in terms of security and control. The team plays a critical role in designing and assessing controls for our transition to building native public cloud applications.
In this role, you will be reviewing Software Architecture designs and helping identify detrimental architecture flaws earlier in the SDLC. You will be required to leverage your Application Security knowledge to guide developers and architects on how to build secure software on-prem and in the cloud. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of prior experience performing Threat Modeling or Secure Design Reviews.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform software architecture design reviews for on-prem or cloud deployments
- Serve as an Application security liaison for the developers and architects in the respective Business Unit(s)
- Review security assessment reports from pentest and code review engagements
- Conduct Read out Calls with the business to articulate risk and recommend a mitigation strategy
- Develop secure architecture design patterns
- Mentor other junior members of the team
Functional Background & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more technical roles (focusing on application security)
- Prior experience in performing Threat Modeling or Secure Design Reviews
- Familiarity with common cloud services, recommended security best practices and secure deployment patterns – AWS is preferred
- Knowledge of most common Application Security vulnerabilities – e.g., OWASP Top 10 and cloud security gaps
- Familiarity with Security standards such as OWASP Testing Guide, OWASP ASVS, NIST and Sans top 20
- Familiarity with modern and common web stack technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML5, AJAX, REST, etc.) and platforms (e.g. DropWizard, Springboot, AngularJS, React Tomcat, .Net, Sybase, MS SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Understanding of core cryptography concepts (Encryption, Hashing, HMAC, digital signatures) and how they are applied and attacked in web applications (e.g. TLS attacks, CBC attacks)
- Ability to analyze protocols (OAuth, SAML, OIDC), flows and interactions in a system design to evaluate gaps
- Ability to identify threats, abuse cases, and gaps in the design before it is implemented
- Good written and oral communication to be able to articulate risks to both technical and management stakeholders.
- Knowledge of network, application and operating system security risks
- BS. in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security
- Experience or trainings in related disciplines e.g. computer science, computer security, software development, system design, open source frameworks, encryption schemes, etc.