A leading global financial institution and services company, providing a broad range of innovation and collaborative solutions for cultivating environments and driving technology focused applications, resources and products in digitizing workflows and new strategies for their markets and clients.
Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures our clients against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has a global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA.
Within Technology Risk, Advisory is the consultative and technology subject matter expertise arm, responsible for assessing new technology initiatives for risk, partnering with engineers to architect and design secure products and services, embedding implementation reviews as part of the SDLC and CI/CD pipeline via code analysis and penetration testing, and guiding technology innovation in terms of security and control. The team plays a critical role in designing and assessing controls for our transition to building native public cloud applications.
In this role, you will support Technology Risk Advisory in delivering best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the Information Security risk domains, including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across the firm and conducting cyber risk assessments. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of regulations that govern this space, be well versed in risk assessments and a demonstrated ability in helping counterparts manage risk.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Technology Risk Advisory function by helping to shape the Vendor Technology Risk strategy, leading a team that assesses risk and working with Business Units to manage risk portfolios
- As the Vendor Risk Program Associate, you will be part of or oversee a team that is responsible for assessing and managing the portfolio vendor Information Security Risk across the firm
- Responsible for all Vendor Technology Risk related initiatives and assessments, including; core assessments of a vendor’s logical security controls, Cloud assessments, Mobile assessments and Application assessments
Functional Background & Experience:
- Be well versed in risk assessments and a demonstrated ability in helping counterparts manage risk
- Have in the past worked with Legal to develop and on an ongoing basis, review Information Security contractual requirements
- Understanding of well recognized risk management frameworks and a proven track record of implementation
- Working knowledge of the regulatory landscape and its applicability to the vendor ecosystem
- Good understanding of Information Security controls, along with preferred and alternative implementations
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing and understanding of how to assess Cloud related risks
- Working knowledge of the overall Procurement process and a clear understanding of Technology Risk’s role in that process
- At least 3 – 4 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, Information Security, Information Technology or Risk Management is preferred
- Prior experience conducting IT/cyber security audits
- One or more of the following Certificates; CISA, CRISC, CISM, CISSP